Home / City Info / Government Offices

Government Offices

Articles about government offices in Changwon:

The New Immigration Office

The new immigration office sits in bureaucratic hiding towards the Free Trade Area of Masan. The short move: 300 yards down the street, seems to have invigorated the staff and instilled some efficiency. To get there, taking a bus is only around 5 minutes longer than a taxi, although a …

Read More »

Visa Run to Fukuoka

Please note: All information in this article is current as of early 2013.  If viewing this well in the future, logistics and numbers may vary. If you’ve been here awhile (or at least long enough to be changing jobs), you’ll have learned that if you have a tourist, student, or …

Read More »

Tax Office

Taxes are something we don’t think too much about while in Korea. If you want information about taxes you can go here, here, or call 1588-0560 to get information in English. You can call the local tax office, but it is best to expect Korean only. (055) 239-0200 Changwon/Jinhae Office …

Read More »

Changwon Immigration Office

*** Immigration has moved!! Until we get the new information, here is a flyer from immigration. The new building is behind HiMart. The new phone number is 055) 981-6000.** Whether you need a new visa, are switching contracts, or something else, the Immigration Office provides Changwon with all things immigration. The …

Read More »

How to Get a License

Between the buses and Nubija in Changwon, it is pretty easy to get around. However, if you are still in need of a transportation fix it is possible to buy a car or scooter. We’ll save details for how to buy a car in Changwon for a later post. In …

Read More »

Books in Changwon

There are several ways to acquire books in Changwon. Below is the breakdown. Bookstores View Books Stores in Changwon in a larger map Kyobo Bookstore Kyobo has the largest supply of English Books in Changwon (that we are currently aware of), as well as books on learning Korean and books in Korean. It …

Read More »

Pension Office

Many foreigners working in South Korea pay a portion of their monthly salary into the National Pension Service.  As with most paper work-related activity in Korea, the specific information, such as which countries participate in the program or their level of participation, varies. Without intending to be the authority on …

Read More »